Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tidbits 2 January 2009

 

Frog’s Tidbits – 2 January 2009 
Thank God for a sense of humor . . . its great being able to laugh a lot. Otherwise . . .

Mass Servers.

  • Several Father-Son teams served the Christmas Masses. For me it was a great experience.  Brought back a few memories of my own. Hopefully this will happen again from time to time.
  • Speaking of Mass Servers, there will be a practice for students wanting to serve Mass. We are very relaxed here, and one of my goals is to make sure everybody feels welcomed and safe at Mass. There is no need for anyone to feel embarrassed or afraid of making mistakes. I make more than anybody. So I hope many of our young students will want to serve Mass.  The POC is Catherine Nettles,  876-2004.

Facebook getting better – I think . . . 
The Facebook people are being very helpful, patient, and cooperative, and have cancelled an identity and page or two, so I guess I am having my own identity crisis which, coupled with the “senior days” that happen, gives rise to a certain amount of confusion. This is a work in progress with a steep learning curve.  More to follow . . .

Blog (Seems to be working OK at this point)

Daily Mass 
Mass normally is celebrated on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 1145 in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, except for non-duty days and holidays. Because of TDYs, daily Mass will resume 12 January.

Your comments are welcome and encouraged. If you have anything you want me to know just reply to this email or tell me whenever you see me, which is what quite a few people do already.



Take care, 
Frog 
James E. Sheil 
Chaplain (MAJ) US Army 
Community Catholic Pastor 
Fort Stewart, GA 31315 
james.sheil@us.army.mil 
912-767-6825/1813

No comments: